Rate TrackerTM Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU.
These terms and conditions apply to the Rate TrackerTM service (the “Service”). By accepting the Service, you (the “Customer”) agree to be bound by and accept these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change by Answer Financial Inc. (referred to as "us" or "we") without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. The latest version of the terms and conditions will be posted on this website at https://start.answerfinancial.com/ratetracker/terms.html, and you should review these terms and conditions for future changes to the Service.
- The Service will periodically check for potentially lower rates (a “Rate Check”). Rate Checks will use estimated rates that may be based on information that you provided, policy updates from your insurance company, and/or third-party reports that we may access (including but not limited to credit-based insurance score). Rate Checks will be performed at least every six (6) months. After performing a Rate Check, we will send you an alert (which may include but not be limited to email, smartphone, text, and/or telephone) to notify you whether or not we have discovered a potentially less expensive rate* with a particular insurance company. If you contact us after you receive an alert, we will verify your information and re-quote you for a new policy. Your actual rates may be affected by running third-party reports (which may include but will not be limited to an insurance score, motor vehicle report, and/or CLUE report) and by any additional underwriting of your insurance application by insurance companies. The Service will remain in effect unless you explicitly de-enroll.
ELIGIBILITY TO USE THE SERVICE
- The Service is available only to certain customers who meet all of our eligibility requirements for the Service, as determined by us at our sole discretion.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Access to information regarding the Service will only be available via e-mail and/or on this website at https://start.answerfinancial.com/ratetracker/terms.html.
- We occasionally update and revise our services, and we may discontinue or replace the Service at any time without notice. To the extent that we provide information on availability of the Service, you should not rely on such information, and we will not be liable for any lack of availability of the Service. Any pricing for the Service is subject to change.
- DISCLAIMER/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANT OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE MEETS YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR THAT THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTION'S LAW IS APPLICABLE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OFFICERS (COLLECTIVELY, OUR "AFFILIATES") HAVE ANY OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR USE, OR FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, DELIVERY, USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE. NONE OF OUR EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES ARE AUTHORIZED TO MODIFY THIS LIMITATION. OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY (AND THE LIABILITY OF ANY OF THE PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM US) FOR ANY REASON, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTION'S LAW IS APPLICABLE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
- In addition to any excuse provided by applicable law, we shall be excused from liability for non-delivery or delay in delivery of the Service arising from any event beyond our reasonable control, whether or not foreseeable by either party, including but not limited to labor disturbance, war, fire, accident, adverse weather, inability to secure transportation, governmental act or regulation, and other causes or events beyond our reasonable control, whether or not similar to those which are enumerated above.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between us concerning the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements and understandings of the parties with respect thereto. These terms and conditions may NOT be altered, supplemented, or amended by the use of any other document(s). Any attempt to alter, supplement or amend this document or to enter an order for products or services which are subject to additional or altered terms and conditions shall be null and void, unless otherwise agreed to in a written agreement signed by you and us. To the extent that anything in or associated with this Service is in conflict or inconsistent with these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall take precedence.
- This Service is offered by us from our offices within the State of California, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of California, by using this Service both of us agree that the statutes and laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this Service. Each of us agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Los Angeles County and the United States District Court for the Southern District of California with respect to such matters. Any cause of action brought by you against us or our Affiliates must be instituted within one year after the cause of action arises or be deemed forever waived and barred.
- We make no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use in all states, and accessing it from territories where such products and services are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Service from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. The material included with the Service shall not constitute an offer to sell insurance or a solicitation of an offer to buy insurance in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be illegal.
*We will notify you if it appears likely that we will be able to offer savings greater than $50.
Last updated: September 1, 2017